Wednesday 13 June 2007

Roger's JOGLE

"What would you do if you could do whatever you want?" someone asked me last November.



I said I'd do something silly like cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats. Once I'd said that it started niggling at me so here I am with a week and a half to go before flying up to Inverness with Easyjet. An ever growing list of things to do before then one of which is to set up this blog with some background info that might be interesting and useful to others about; my route; kit list; training, logistics etc. So I'll be back later to get writing on some of those things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dodge – for all the effort that you have put into this, I thought the least I could do was to contribute in my own little way, from the comfort of my own home

This seven-day wonder is a metaphor for Gordon Brown's brave new world that is Great Britain.
Roger’s jogle – the mind boggles at the blog and the dodgy doggerel, as I google goggle-eyed, toggling and joggling with joy.
An orgy of onomatopoeia – a word that sums up Gordon’ Britain - lots of vowels but what about the consonants, I hear you say !! ……………………………..and what about you and I (Oh, just noticed that ‘i’ is in there, he just seems to have forgotten about ‘u’. N.B. Second hand dictionary for sale – well used – any offers considered.

A rapidly changing scenery yet the landscape hasn’t changed, in essence, for years and is unlikely to change significantly over the next couple of years.

An inclusive project incorporating our ‘independent’ brethren, north of the border, to show that he will travel the length of the kingdom to achieve his goal.

The crowds may not be as evident as they were for Tony Blair, but surely there is more integrity, though the (wheel) spin is still in evidence, and on the eighth day we will all thank our lucky stars that it is all over.

And what of the eighth day? Having experienced floods of biblical proportions on the journey what will happen on the eighth day ………





I would imagine very little ! Enjoy the rest.

I hereby proclaim this to be the best blog in the world, ever, appearing on this website (while it remains the only posting)